Remember. Repent. Renew.
We love because he first loved us (1 John 4:19).
What better time to pursue the Lord, to remember, repent, and renew our commitment of love toward Him than here, at the beginning of a new year.
It is solely by God’s grace and gift of love toward us that we are able to give and express love. Without that gift, we are incapable of loving. We need his help to love Him with our whole heart and to love others. Thankfully, His love is extravagant! He gives it freely. The Father loves us as much as He loves His own Son (John 17:23).
How then shall we respond?
This week spend time asking the Lord to show you how to love Him more. Ask for the fire of His love to burn deep within you.
- Remember when you first fell in love with the Lord and the joy you felt.
- Thank Him for pursuing you.
- Confess your need for more of Him.
- Ask the Lord to increase your capacity to love.
- Repent for allowing your love to grow stagnant, or your pursuit of Him to wane.
- Renew your commitment to follow wholeheartedly after the Lord.
- Look for ways this week to express your love to Him throughout your day.
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart (Jeremiah 24:7).