Prayer Room at CCC
Jesus promised that his Father’s house would be a house of prayer for all nations (Mark 11:17; Isaiah 56:6-7). The Lord also promises that joy would be a primary characteristic of His house (Isaiah 56:6-7).
In other words, consistent and enjoyable prayer should characterize the body of Christ.
The Prayer Room at Calvary is one of the primary places where we give corporate expression to the culture of prayer at Calvary Community Church. The Prayer Room at Calvary it exists to minister to God in intimate worship, and partner with Him in prayer for our city and the nations of the earth.
Prayer Room Schedule
- Monday 9 am – 7 pm — Live Webstream from IHOP-KC
- Monday 7 pm – 8:30pm — Corporate Worship and Intercession
- Tuesday 11 am – Noon — Live Webstream from IHOP-KC
- Tuesday Noon – 1 pm — Corporate Prayer for Israel and the Middle East
- Thursday 6 a.m. – 8 a.m. — Worship and Intercession
- Thursday 8 a.m. – noon — Live Webstream from IHOP-KC
Why gather for corporate worship and intercession?:
Jesus is Worthy of All Glory, Honor, and Praise
Worthy is the Lamb. (Rev. 5:12; Rev. 7:12; Ps. 113:3; Ps. 134; Ps. 148)
It Is the Heavenly Pattern
Jesus surrounds His throne with worship and prayer. The Kingdom of God is governed through prayer. (Ex. 25:9; I Chron. 28:12,19; Rev. 4, 5; Ps. 2)
It Is An Expression of Intimacy and Partnership With Jesus
We are corporately pursuing and expressing our friendship with Jesus, and contending for revival in our city, nation, and nations of earth. (Ps. 27:4; Matt. 22:37-39; Rev. 5:8)
It’s a Part of God’s End-time Plan for the Church
- Is. 42:10-13 – He will stir up His zeal in response to the global prayer movement
- Rev. 8 – God releases judgment upon the Anti-Christ’s “kingdom” through the prayers of saints
- Luke 18:1-8 – He will come back looking for faith connected to night and day prayer
Senior Pastors’ Prayer Group in West/NW Houston
Senior Pastors’ Prayer Group gathers regularly for prayer. Currently, we meet on the first and third Thursday of the month at 12:00 p.m. We usually meet at Copperfield Church, 8350 Highway 6 North, Houston, TX 77095, 281.856.2273. Email Jeff McGee for the location of our next meeting where we spend time sharing, praying, and collaborating together. If you are a senior pastor, click here to sign up for emails and information of interest to you about our group and other prayer meetings in our area.
Links to Other City & National Prayer Groups
- Greater Houston Prayer Council – mobilizing perpetual prayer in Greater Houston
- IHOP – KC – Mike Bickle and the International House of Prayer movement
Global Bridegroom Fast
This “Bridegroom Fast,” as it is often called, is focused on engaging with Jesus in loving worship, prayer, and devotion in a deeper way. Mike Bickle of the International House of Prayer in Kansas City says this about the Bridegroom Fast:
“We do not fast to motivate God to pay attention to us, but to receive the affection He already has for us—it is not to move His heart, but our own.“
Believers all over the world set aside the first Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of each month to fast and pray. We want to encourage each and every one of you to set aside these 3 days and fast – all food, or some food, entertainment, screen time, or social media, for example. Let us humble ourselves, seek God’s face, and contend for His Kingdom purposes to be fulfilled. We can do this – together!
For further study and information about fasting, please visit the Resources page on our web site. The fasting links are posted at the bottom of the page.