May 16, 2020
We are looking forward to meeting in-person on Sunday, May 17. For those of you who are unable to join us yet, I invite you to connect via the live stream.
We continue to hold fast to our God and to trust the Lord in this season. Two words from the Lord continue to press into my spirit, and I want to ask you to join me in praying through and meditating upon these words.
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9 NIV). Pray for physical strength and heart strength to do what the Lord has called us to do in relationship with God and others, especially in this new season.
- “Draw me after you; let us run together” (Song of Solomon 1:4). We continue to live into this word of the Lord for us in 2020: pursue deep intimacy and full partnership with Jesus. Pray that we will come out of this season with greater capacity for deeper intimacy and fuller partnership with the Lord.
Here are some important notes and reminders for this weekend.
Let me remind you that the easiest way to join us for our online services is to go to our YouTube stream. By subscribing to our channel, you can use your smart TV or device to get the latest feed. Each Sunday morning, we will post on Facebook the exact link to that Sunday’s YouTube broadcast. However, all you have to do is go to Calvary’s YouTube Channel and join us for worship on Sunday mornings at 10:00am. And, you can go to our YouTube channel any time to watch on demand.
Here are a few important notes for our in-person gatherings, starting on Sunday, May 17:
- On Sunday, May 17, we will start having in-person services, as well as continuing the live stream.
- We will observe social distancing guidelines before, during, and after each service. Everyone will be asked to observe the 6-ft rule at all times. (I know; it will be hard not to shake hands and hug. We will get back to doing that one day for sure.)
- Wearing a face mask is optional. (But, masks are recommended by Gov. Abbott.)
- People will be seated as they arrive and will be dismissed in an orderly fashion.
- Family members will be seated together. In accordance with the directives, we will put 2 chairs between each grouping of people or individuals. Two individuals who are not members of the same household but who are attending together can sit adjacent to one another, with two seats empty on either side.
- We will also put some more space between our rows of seats.
- We will place offering baskets at the doors, rather than passing the baskets during worship. And, we encourage you to keep giving online or mailing in your tithes and offerings.
- There will be connection cards and giving envelopes in the seats for you to use. You can place those in the offering baskets as you leave after the service.
- For ministry time, we will not lay hands on people for a while. That will change when the physical distancing directive is lessened.
- We will continue to live stream our services for anyone wishing to participate online.
- Remember that you get to choose whether or not you will attend in person. Each person is responsible to do what you are comfortable doing in this COVID-19 crisis. Some of you will choose to stay home for various reasons, and that is understandable. Please feel free to do what you need to do.
- If you’re sick, we ask that you please stay home and participate online.
- If you’re in the high-risk category due to age, physical, medical, or autoimmunity issues, please use your own discretion knowing that you have the option of worshipping online.
- If you need prayer, please email us at email@example.com.
- Our cleaning crew has continued to clean the building during this crisis. We will also work to sanitize our facilities after our services. This includes disinfecting door handles, countertops, chairs, and other frequently-touched surfaces, etc.
- Also, hand sanitizer will be available at every entrance.
Other information for our services:
- We will have KidCare and Kids Church during the morning worship service. However, there will be no KidCare or Kids Bible Study classes during the 9:00am hour.
- Because of live streaming and accommodating physical distancing, you are asked to arrive early and find your seats by 9:50am.
- For the sake of the live stream, please fill the seats from the front to back rows. (It looks better that way on camera.)
- We are giving preference to the youth and youth ministry workers to sit in the first few rows in the middle section. At 9:50am, we will turn loose those seats and allow others to sit there.
- In case it is needed, we will have overflow in theCove via live stream.
Regarding Bible Study:
- Youth Bible Study will start back in June. Connect with Jane Winne for more information.
- Kids Bible study starts back in August. Connect with Becky Gressett for details.
- For Adult Bible Study, we have one Zoom class that is ongoing at 9:00am on Sundays. Click here for details. Other Adult Bible Study Classes will begin in August.
Regarding our prayer meetings: In-person Prayer Room sets start the week of Monday, May 18.
The parking lot is finished. Thanks again to Ron and Mindy Homann, Alex Regal, and Justin for all of their hard work on this important project.
As always, if you have questions or comments about any of the issues in this blog, please communicate with me. You can reach me via email or cell (281-686-5291). For regular updates, please check the Calvary website and blog.
I pray that we will enter this season looking forward to what the Lord wants to do and to his new normal, rather than returning to old definitions of normal. “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. 19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?” (Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV).
Pastor Jeff McGee