One of the greatest and most comforting realities of Scripture is the promise that our God is with us; he never leaves nor forsakes us. That is really good news in the midst of dealing with this pandemic.
There is a lot of information to cover, so let’s get right to it.
Let me remind you that the easiest way to join us for our online services is to go to our YouTube stream. By subscribing to our channel, you can use your smart TV or device to get the latest feed. Each Sunday morning, we will post the exact link to that Sunday’s YouTube broadcast. However, all you have to do is go to Calvary’s YouTube Channel and join us for worship on Sunday mornings at 10:00am. And, you can go to our YouTube channel any time to watch on demand.
Please note: The offices at Calvary will open again per regular hours starting on Monday, May 11.
Here are a few important notes for our in-person gatherings, starting on Sunday, May 17:
- On Sunday, May 17, we will start having in-person services, as well as continuing the live stream.
- We will observe social distancing guidelines before, during, and after each service. Everyone will be asked to observe the 6-ft rule at all times. (I know; it will be hard not to shake hands and hug. We will get back to doing that one day for sure.)
- Wearing a face mask is optional. (But, masks are recommended by Gov. Abbott.)
- People will be seated as they arrive and will be dismissed in an orderly fashion.
- Family members will be seated together. In accordance with the directives, we will put 2 chairs between each grouping of people or individuals. Two individuals who are not members of the same household but who are attending together can sit adjacent to one another, with two seats empty on either side.
- We will also put some more space between our rows of seats.
- We will place offering baskets at the doors, rather than passing the baskets during worship. And, we encourage you to keep giving online or mailing in your tithes and offerings.
- There will be connection cards and giving envelopes in the seats for you to use. You can place those in the offering baskets as you leave after the service.
- For ministry time, we will not lay hands on people for a while. That will change when the physical distancing directive is lessened.
- We will continue to live stream our services for anyone wishing to participate online.
- Remember that you get to choose whether or not you will attend in person. Each person is responsible to do what you are comfortable doing in this COVID-19 crisis. Some of you will choose to stay home for various reasons, and that is understandable. Please feel free to do what you need to do.
- If you’re sick, we ask that you please stay home and participate online.
- If you’re in the high-risk category due to age, physical, medical, or autoimmunity issues, please use your own discretion knowing that you have the option of worshipping online.
- If you need prayer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our cleaning crew has continued to clean the building during this crisis. We will also work to sanitize our facilities after our services. This includes disinfecting door handles, countertops, chairs, and other frequently-touched surfaces, etc.
- Also, hand sanitizer will be available at every entrance.
Other information for our services starting on Sunday, May 17:
- We will have KidCare and Kids Church during the morning worship service. However, there will be no KidCare or Kids Bible Study classes during the 9:00am hour.
- Because of live streaming and accommodating physical distancing, you are asked to arrive early and find your seats by 9:50am.
- For the sake of the live stream, please fill the seats from the front to back rows. (It looks better that way on camera.)
- We are giving preference to the youth and youth ministry workers to sit in the first few rows in one of the middle sections. At 9:50am, we will turn loose those seats and allow others to sit there.
- In case it is needed, we will have overflow in theCove via live stream.
Regarding Bible Study:
- Youth Bible Study will start back in June. Connect with Jane Winne for more information.
- Kids Bible study starts back in August.
- For Adult Bible Study, we have one Zoom class that is ongoing at 9:00am on Sundays. Click here for details. Other Adult Bible Study Classes will begin in August.
Regarding our prayer meetings:
- Monday night intercession, 7:00pm, May 11:
- Meeting ID: 846 9674 3249
- Password: 520057
- Thursday morning intercession, 6:00am, May 14:
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 290 038 5670
- Password: 755495090
- In-person Prayer Room sets start the week of Monday, May 18.
Here is an update on the parking lot:
- The goal is to complete the parking lot project by Tuesday evening, May 12.
- The parking lots at Calvary will be closed on Monday and Tuesday, May 11-12.
- Because of some issues we have had in our parking lots, we are going to install gates with locks. We are sorry for this inconvenience, but it is necessary. You can still access the portico when the gates are secured. We will open the gates during the day and for our regularly scheduled activities at the church. The gates will be secured each evening.
As always, if you have questions or comments about any of the issues in this blog, please communicate with me. You can reach me via email or cell (281-686-5291). For regular updates, please check the Calvary website and blog.
May the Lord continue to grant you physical strength and emotional strength for this season as we continue to follow Jesus (Joshua 1:9).
Pastor Jeff McGee