YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A CHILD’S LIFE!
Mentor (Currently per the school district no visitors allowed on campus for the first semester)
If you are interested in Mentoring please begin the process so when Mentors are allowed on campus you will be available.
Join others who have become mentors for children and enriched their lives. They are greatly appreciated by the students and staff.
Hairgrove Elementary is looking for mentors for the 2020-2021 school year. You may play games, puzzles, read a book, or simply visit with a child and be a positive influence in that child’s life.
A mentor is a suitable role model committed to serve as a guide and a friend while helping a student with his/her educational and personal development. We ask for a commitment of approximately one hour a week for a school year. You’ll meet only on campus and during school hours. (Appointment times may be flexible).
Please, visit the Mentor page on the CFISD website for complete details.
Volunteer (Currently per the school district no visitors allowed on campus for the first semester)
You could also support many children by volunteering in a different capacity for 30 minutes or more:
- Help teachers with Pre-K, Kindergarten & First Grade classes on the first day of school
- Bus Buddy volunteer the first two days of school (please register at https://www.cfisd.net/en/community-involvement/community-engagement/volunteer/bus-buddies
- Backpack Meal Program: Wednesdays & Fridays
- Help with after-school clubs
- Workroom volunteer – cutting, copying, laminating
- Shelve books in the library
- Cook meals for after-school academic camps
If you are interested in more information contact Patti Ressler. Please visit the volunteer page on the CFISD website at https://www.cfisd.net/en/community-involvement/community-engagement/volunteer