Invitation: I want to invite you to join us for our corporate time of prayer on Monday night, September 28.
I am excited about our chance to participate in the 40 Days of Prayer 2020. The vision of this prayer emphasis is to call for forty days of non-stop prayer from September 26 to November 4.
This 40 Days of Prayer is led by Gideon’s Army Ministries and several prayer ministries which are coming together to call the nation to a time of intense, non-stop prayer. They are calling for at least 40 churches to commit to cover one 24-hour period with non-stop prayer. Calvary has chosen 8:00am Monday, September 28 until 8:00am Tuesday, September 29 for our time slot. You may view the Calvary prayer schedule here.
Calvary, thank you for signing up to pray.
We encourage you to gather together, to pray over the phone, or to use an online platform such as Zoom or FaceTime to agree together in prayer (Matthew 18:18-20).
- Note: The Prayer Room at Calvary will stay open from 8:00am on Monday, Sept. 28, to 8:00am on Tuesday, Sept. 29. You are welcome to come and pray from there if you would like to do so.
If you have not signed up and would like to participate in prayer at a particular time, please contact the person(s) who signed up for the time slot you are interested in, and see how you can connect in prayer. (If you need contact information, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-686-5291.)
It is important is that you pray during the hour(s) you’ve chosen for prayer.
An email and text reminder will be sent to you the day before, reminding you of the time(s) you signed up to pray.
To hear more about this important call to prayer, please watch this video from Gideon Stanley, a long-time friend of Calvary.
Back to the special invitation.
We have been asked to change our Monday night Prayer Room sets so that we can broadcast to Facebook via Zoom.
- The Gen Set will move to 5:00 – 6:00pm on Monday, Sept. 28.
- The Intercession set will move to 6:00 – 8:00pm on Monday, Sept. 28.
I hope that some of you will join us for these corporate sets as we pray together for our nation.
- Especially, I want to invite you to join us as you have the grace for the 6:00 – 8:00pm Intercession Session on Monday, Sept. 28.
Calvary, thank you for praying and for standing in the gap for our nation.
Full of anticipation,
PS: Here is a link to the Prayer Guide for the 24-hours of Prayer from Gideon’s Army Ministries. Please use the prayer guide to pray according to the time slot for which you signed up, so that we can pray in agreement.
And, below are some Guidelines for the Prayer Times. We want to pray in agreement. We are not praying for one party or the other. We are not attacking any candidate or party. Rather, we are praying for the kingdom of God to come, and for the will of God to be done in our elections and nation as in heaven. We want to join the Lord’s side, rather than asking him which side he is on (Joshua 5:13-15).
Guidelines for the Prayer Times:
Praise God for the opportunity for us to join in unity and pray in agreement! Please review the following guidelines that we have put together and use as you may see fit.
- Pray for God’s Kingdom to come, for His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10).
- Do not attack any political party or personality. We wrestle NOT against flesh and blood (Ephesians 6:12).
- Pray for peace and protection during this election (Jeremiah 29:7).
- Pray for righteousness and justice, which are the foundations of His throne (Psalms 97:2)
- Pray for God to arise and for His enemies to be scattered (Psalms 68:1).