Godly families matter and we are thrilled that you took a minute to visit our page! We currently serve on the executive leadership team with FamilyLife Ministry in Little Rock, Arkansas. Our passion is to be used of God to strengthen marriages and families across our nation and around the world. Then, we want to equip those families to be a beacon of hope as they reach out to other families in their neighborhoods, churches, and communities.
These are serious times for the family in a culture that no longer embraces traditional, biblical values. Each one of us has been impacted in some way by the breakdown in the family, and our culture is exerting increased pressure on marriages and families every day.
As we think of our own family and how very fortunate we are, our hearts go out to those who are facing the hurt and disappointment of broken relationships, infidelity, and the struggles that life so often brings.
The good news is that God loves our families – every single one of them! His master plan is to redeem the brokenness in every one of our lives and families! As passionate followers of Christ, we want to proclaim the truth of God’s love, share His plan for families throughout the world, and stop the pandemic breakdown of families in its tracks.
We feel so blessed to be an extension of Calvary Community Church around the world. Through your giving, and others like you who desire to see godly marriages and families, FamilyLife has now been able to train leadership couples in over 100 countries. Praise God! Your giving enables us to continue presenting the Gospel every day through radio broadcasts, podcasts, Weekend to Remember marriage getaways, small group studies and thousands of articles on our web. Thank you for your partnership with us that is impacting millions of families every year!
To God be the Glory!
Gene & Rene’ Haub
Missionaries with FamilyLife
November 2018 Update
Dear Calvary Family,
Our hearts are full of praise to God as our new Art of Parenting resources continue to gain momentum! Since our resource launch this past May, over 165,000 people have been impacted with God’s design for Gospel-centered families. Parents who were hopeless, now realize there is help in Christ, and they are gaining understanding and practical wisdom in how to be intentional in raising a legacy of godliness for the next generation. Praise God!
Our prayer goal is to reach 1 million parents in the next three years with Art of Parenting resources. We just completed the Spanish translation at the end of October and work is underway on translation into Mandarin. The companion full-length feature movie, Like Arrows, will be released in February 2019 by Provident films. The movie is already included in the Art of Parenting small group kit for churches to use in neighborhood outreaches.
Please send us a note at email@example.com if you would like a free copy of Dennis & Barbara Rainey’s new companion book, The Art of Parenting. We would love to invest in your family!
Please pray that God would continue to open doors of ministry to parents who are far from church and far from God. As parents seek help, we want to be there with biblical answers providing the one true source of help and hope for eternity… Jesus Christ.
Thank you Calvary family for your prayers and support that enable us to launch new resources like the Art of Parenting, while continuing to grow our existing outreaches like the Blended Family ministry summit, Weekend to Remember marriage conferences, Love Like You Mean It Cruise, and more. We are forever grateful for the privilege of being your hands extended around the world.
With deeply grateful hearts,
Gene & Rene’
Dear Calvary Family,
Our hearts overflow with joy in God’s gracious favor to transform hearts, marriages, and families each weekend across our nation. Every Monday we rejoice as testimonies come pouring in from our FamilyLife Weekend to Remember events that Gene’s team manages. One couple who attended our South Padre event wrote:
“Before this weekend my marriage was completely broken, I wasn’t living at home, and the papers for divorce had already been filed. But by the grace of God we decided to take this one last shot and it revived what only God could revive. Thank you FamilyLife for your commitment to help marriages.” Husband – Married 18 months
In Spokane last weekend, we had 52 people pray to receive Christ for the very first time! We also had 162 indicate that they recommitted their lives to Christ! One of our volunteers who helped make follow up calls to these new believers sent the following note Tuesday morning:
The first person I called tonight was Crystal, who had signed her name on a prayer request she turned in at the very beginning of the weekend. That’s why I was so excited when I saw her evaluation; SHE PRAYED TO RECEIVE CHRIST AND SO DID HER HUSBAND!!
But, the story gets better…she and her husband were actually separated when they headed to our event last Friday. She moved back in on Tuesday!! She downloaded the MyFamily app and is doing a 14 day devotional, and she and her husband are both very excited about what God had done in their lives. Crystal said she knows almost nothing about the Bible and wants to learn more. I told her I could help her with that.
Crystal and I are meeting for coffee on Monday night at 6:30. Hopefully we’ll be able to meet together regularly for discipleship and encouragement. Please be praying for our time on Monday night and for protection for Crystal and her family between now and then.
Reaching out to couples through the felt need of marriage is a “Trojan Horse” for the Gospel in our culture today. In Boston a few weeks ago, over 12% of the audience made decisions for Christ! It was a sovereign move of God! Halleluiah!!!
Technology is also enabling us to reach more and more couples with encouragement and hope. During September, we challenged couples to make a 30-day commitment to begin praying together daily. Over 49,000 took the challenge!!!! Praise God! Thousands wrote in to tell us how God worked miracles in their marriage during this time.
It is such an honor to be your hands extended to bring the Gospel of Christ, along with practical help and hope to couples around the world. God has now enabled us to raise up on-the-ground nationals in 107 countries! Our penultimate praise to God this year was receiving full approval of the Chinese Government to conduct Weekend to Remember events where we openly proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the source of help and hope for your life and marriage! Last month we tested our first simulcast of a Weekend to Remember in China with 3 host sites. This has only been made possible by God’s intervention in allowing our resources to receive full government sanction!
Thank you Calvary for your support that enables us to continue bringing help to families around the world. Our hearts are full of praise to God for His provision through you!
With much, much love,
Gene & Rene’ Haub
Dear Calvary Family,
Thank you again for being such a key part of God’s provision for us! God’s Spirit is moving mightily to redeem marriages and families for His glory! Our Art of Marriage video-based event is exploding across the nation. Exactly what we have been praying for… over 500,000 have now been impacted in 3 short years. Praise God!
Rene’ and I are still in awe over the lives that God touched during the past 12 weeks at our 3 major “I Still Do” arena events in Chicago, Portland, Oregon, and Washington D.C. God showed up in a BIG WAY on October 4th at the event in Washington D.C… couples rejoicing, hugging, crying, singing, celebrating, weeping, worshipping, and laughing together. AMAZING! Nearly 40,000 were impacted between the Washington D.C. event and our national simulcast engaging nearly 300 churches. A representative from Incast (our simulcast partner) worked as a producer for Disney events for 16 years. Her two word description of the experience was “World Class.” She went on to tell me, “This was a great mix of powerful messages, skits, comedy, and music and, we needed to get this message out across the nation in a much bigger way! ”
The rose ceremony during the last session in Washington D.C. was one of the most moving experiences of my life. I so wish that each of you could have been in the arena with us. We gave guests that needed to repent and ask for forgiveness from their spouse for deep hurts and wounds a courageous opportunity. We invited them to get out of their seats, come to the stage, pick up a rose, and make their way back to their spouse and start the reconciliation process right then and there! Wow! People kept coming and coming while Chris August sang the song “Restore.” Over 1,300 people made their way to the front to pick up a rose!!! What a special moment as couples hugged and wept together across the arena. It still brings tears to my eyes even as I’m typing this note. All praise to God almighty who is so gracious to heal our hurts and restore hearts!
When God touches lives in such amazing ways, we are quickly reminded of each of our financial and prayer partners and the part that you play in the healing and strengthening of each of these lives, marriages, and families! Thank you!!! Below is just a small sampling of the thousands of comments that we received on the day. Rejoice with us in God’s goodness and faithfulness to transform hearts by the power of His Spirit. I’ve highlighted a few but they are like Lays Potato Chips… “It’s hard to read just one!”
Thank you again for your generous and faithful giving that enables us to continue reaching out to couples across our nation.
With lots of love and deeply grateful hearts,
Gene & Rene’ Haub
SPOILER WARNING! ONCE YOU START READING THESE, IT’S HARD TO STOP!
• This event Inspired us to stay on the battlefield for others and to help other couples navigate through the greatest relationship on planet earth. (Married 40 years)
• I got to hear my husband ask for forgiveness, which was like a tidal wave of healing for our marriage. (married 10 years)
• He came. He said the vows to me and held my hand (1st time in 5 weeks). Five weeks ago he told me he wished he had never married me. Thank God I bought the tickets 4 months ago. THANK YOU! (married 3 yrs)
• My husband and I are separated – on the brink of divorce. We couldn’t get much lower. God has been working in both of us, and led us to this event. Tonight we asked each other for forgiveness and re-stated our vows. All the Glory to God!! (married 5 years )
• Words can not express how it has changed my perspective from on the verge of the “D” word – to never making this a part of my marriage. I am committed to go till death. I am going to start something big, big, big!! (married 9 years)
• My wife and I have been separated for 10 months. We dealt with marital affairs and many other issues. Today we re-committed our love and placed our trust in Christ to carry us till death do us part. (married 6 years)
• The morning I sent the link to I Still Do to my husband I had just about given up all hope of saving my marriage. To my surprise he replied that he bought tickets. I came doubting a change, but I think we’ll make it now. (Married 32 years)
• I am not the church goer in the family. I am very supportive of my husbands’ relationships with the church. I do believe in the Lord. This event has made me understand that I need to support him at his side and in his heart with the Lord. I think I’ll start joining him each week. (married 5 years)
• It saved my marriage – THANK YOU!! (married 3 years)
• I’ve attended Mom Life Boot Camp, and we have even attended a marriage intensive at the National Institute of Marriage in Branson. After 14 months of separation, TODAY is what it took – the true catalyst – to hit the reset button. We Still DO!!!
• Gave me hope. I realized that it’s not just about us. It’s about Christ and God’s purpose for marriage. (married 10 years )
• We had hit a plateau. We broke through today with a re-commitment to our marriage!! (married 20 years)
• This was one of the most powerful marriage events I have ever attended. I left ready to go empower the couples in my church to fight for the covenant of marriage. (married 26 years)
• Dennis Rainey gave the charge to be a missional couple with purpose. I think this is the part we have been missing to take our marriage from “really good” to “PHENOMENAL!” Thanks! (married 13 years)
• After 27 years of life with my husband (18 married) we hit most of the topics discussed and I was seeking a divorce. I was frustrated and didn’t see any hope. During the event I was touched spiritually – moved by stories and biblical lessons – and I broke down crying. I forgave my husband for hurting me and decided our family tree was worth saving. We love each other, but were broken and didn’t know how to fix it. Thank you SO much! (married 18 years)
• I wasn’t sure what to expect – I was very nervous. We re-committed to God and to each other. As of a few months ago our marriage was basically over. This is one of our first baby steps toward a better marriage. (married 16 years)
• We appreciated the reminder that the core of marriage depends on our relationship with Jesus Christ. We heard the call to reach out and minister to other couples in our circle of influence. (married 13 years)
• She forgave me!! (married 4 years)
• We have been married for 13 years. I am from Ethiopia and he from Jamaica. We always blamed every problem on culture differences. I learned of God’s love and His intent for our life. Marriage is great, but we almost gave up. By His grace we still do!! (married 13 years)
• I Still Do had a very good mix of seriousness and humor with clear presentations that were a blessing and very helpful. We plan on using the Art of Marriage set to minister to others. Thank you!! (married 1 year)
• New beginning to a dying relationship! (married 9 years)
• In the twenty one years of our marriage, this was the BEST DATE EVER!!! (Married 21 years)
• For years, and even this morning, we fought all the way here. But then we built, loved, planned all day long. Now as we leave, we live for Jesus – together as a united front – a team for the first time. To God be the Glory!! (married 13 years)
• I came with no expectations and left blessed. This was my last resort. I have hope now. (married 10 years)
• It is nice to see thousands of other married couples who share the same values and struggles. The best marriage event we have attended in 21 years of marriage. (married 21 years )
• It encouraged me to be a better leader in my marriage and to love my wife unconditionally. I Still Do rejuvenated my relationship with my wife and with Christ. (married 1 year)
• I cried like a baby, and am forever committed to my wife-to-be. (engaged)
• I felt like “It was the bomb!!” (married 25 years)
• This event is AWESOME! I think every married person should attend this event. Awesome! Awesome! This is our first time here, and it was beyond expectations. (married 3 years)
• This conference changed my heart toward my spouse – to be wanting to care and sacrifice for him, identified sin in our hearts, and gave us opportunities to ask for forgiveness. This gave us helpful tips on ways to improve our marriage, and to submit before God. (married 9 years)
• You guys just saved our marriage! (married 2 years)
• Last Saturday he said “I am not interested in any reconciliation.” Today we learned how we need Jesus in our lives. HUGE change!! (married 12 years)
Dear Calvary Family,
Our hearts are full of joy as we see God impacting marriages and families across the U.S. and around the world. What a privilege to be your hands extended to so many families! We have now had over 400,000 attend our new Art of Marriage events in the past 2 years. It is exciting to see couples catch a vision for how God can use them to reach marriages and families all around them. I recently was so encouraged hearing from a couple who had just finish hosting their 15th Art of Marriage event in locations across North Carolina with over 1500 couples attending! In every church where they host an event, they are helping local couples catch a vision for building a dynamic marriage ministry. Praise God for laborers for the harvest.
Our flagship getaway events, called “Weekend to Remember” continue to have a powerful impact in every major city. This weekend alone we have 10 events with over 6,200 people registered. We have been praying for these couples to be radically impacted by the Holy Spirit… so much so that they leave this weekend transformed and renewed by God’s power and the “Good News” of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The stories are pouring in from the weekend even as I write this update.
One couple wrote, “When my wife and I walked in on Friday night, we came with skepticism. We had serious problems in our marriage and we thought it was helpless. But this weekend we have received so much help! This will change the rest of our life! We talked about things we have ignored and not faced in our marriage. We ‘buried’ our old marriage and prayed that God would resurrect a new one that reflects His image. (Married 24 yrs.)
We particularly love ministering into Pastors marriages. Over 1500 pastors per month leave the ministry and the top 2 factors are burnout and marriage and family issues. One pastor just wrote, “Wow!! This weekend has made a huge difference. As a pastor, sometimes I feel so alone – teaching about good marriages – but silently struggling in my own. Thank you for your love, humility, & wisdom! Ready – set – go!! We are on our way to restoring our marriage. Thank you for this weekend! It REALLY is a Weekend that I will truly remember!”
Along with restored marriages, what’s even more exciting is the number of people coming to know Christ as their Lord and Savior at ever increasing rates! The felt needs in our culture are a wonderful opportunity to present the wonderful message of the Gospel. In the past 10 years, my team has seen over 40,000 decisions for Christ! Hallelujah!!!!
Thank you again for standing with us as we proclaim God’s truth and His blueprints for marriage and family. We are now in the throws of putting together a national simulcast for Oct 4th, 2014 called “I Still Do”. Pray with us that God will use this catalytic event to ignite a grass roots movement of couples helping other couples experience the power of a Christ-Centered, covenant-keeping marriage.
With love and grateful hearts,
Gene and Rene’ Haub
Dear Calvary Family,
God is on the move! Our new Art of Marriage couple-hosted events are doing exactly what we have prayed for… exploding across the nation. This past month couples have registered anywhere from 118 events to 163 events on our website each weekend. Praise God! The average-sized event has been around 50 people, so that means over 6,000 people every weekend are hearing God’s blueprints for how to live out a marriage that glorifies and honors Him! What’s even more exciting is that 4% of these participants are making decisions for Christ! To God be the glory!
The Weekend to Remember also continues to have a powerful impact. Two weeks ago in Parsippany, a husband and wife, married 1 year, both received Christ and wrote the following notes… Wife – “The Weekend to Remember has changed our lives. We were broken and the journey we embarked on this weekend was an enlightened one, full of hope and promise. Thank you to the amazing speakers.”
Husband – “This weekend has provided my wife and me with a road map to repair and revive our marriage. It has also given us a better understanding of the importance of God in every aspect of our lives. THANK YOU!!”
We are amazed at how quickly marriages are deteriorating in our culture today. We have received thousands of comments like the following from couples ready to “throw in the towel” and call it quits after 1 to 2 years… “I decided to Re-invest in my wife, Re-invest in our marriage, Re-invest in what made me want to marry her in the first place, Re-invest in our love, Re-invest in or friendship, and Finally re-invest in me so I can do all the things I have learned this weekend.” (Husband – Married 1 year)
“This weekend re-focused our marriage to be Christ-centered. We were focused on the problems and who was at fault/blame, and this event helped us realize Christ is at the front of everything and we need to let go and trust his plan.” (Wife – Married 1 year)
“Daily routines had robbed us of the joy of being together. Coming to the Weekend to Remember gave us a chance to fall in love with each other again and to love being married to each other again as well.” (Wife – Married 2 years)
Thank you for the incredible privilege of being able to intersect lives across our nation with the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Your faithful giving and the tremendous life change happening all around us is such an encouragement to us! To God be the glory for every life that is changed for eternity!
With deeply grateful hearts,
Gene & Rene’
HELP FOR TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW
Haub Update – October 2009
Dear Calvary Family,
Our fall FamilyLife conference season is under way! We kicked off the season September 11th in Tampa, FL, where 45 people made decisions for Christ! Praise God! Our team has been working extremely hard to get ready for 57 Weekend to Remember outreach events this fall. We have over 45,000 seats to fill with couples who desperately need to hear God’s blueprints for marriage and family. Every seat represents the potential for a changed heart, a reconciled family, and a transformed legacy of godliness for the next generation!
We began the season by leading our staff in a time of intercession around 2 empty chairs, representing seats in ballrooms this fall. We are asking God to fill every seat with marriages and families to be impacted for eternity.We pray that thousands will come to know the reality of a Christ-centered marriage and for couples to capture a renewed vision for their family. We know that it is through God’s power alone that hearts are truly transformed.
We also celebrated a major milestone this past week. Over 2 million people have now heard the good news of the gospel at FamilyLife events! We just received a Facebook message from Scott and Sherry who attended the Weekend to Remember conference a few years ago.They said,
“Sherry and I went to our first Weekend to Remember after we divorced on our 14th wedding anniversary in 2005. God used the conference to show us how we both had contributed to our path to isolation. He then used it to give us the tools to be married, with Him at the center of our lives! We have since remarried, volunteer on the local FamilyLife team, and are leading the marriage ministry at our church! God is good!”
It is such a joy to be used of God to see incredible life change and hear so many stories of God’s ability to radically transform and REDEEM marriages and families for His kingdom. We are deeply grateful to be your hands extended to families across the nation and around the world!
With much love,
Gene and Rene’ Haub
Missionaries with FamilyLifeFamily Life Update
Can one weekend really change a marriage? Mark and Briana didn’t think so as they argued on the way to a Weekend to Remember conference. Briana said, “We didn’t even like each other when we stepped into the ballroom.” The conference was an eye-opener for both of them as they heard God’s purpose and plan for marriage. One phrase that struck both of them very powerfully was, “My spouse is not my enemy. My spouse is a gift given to me by God.”
Briana said, “Grasping that truth was a turning point for me and Mark.” However, the best is yet to come! She went on to say, “The most important thing that happened was that Mark and I prayed and invited Jesus Christ into our lives! I had heard people in our business talk about finding God and I wondered what that really meant. Having Christ at the center of our lives and marriage has been huge… When I first heard about the Weekend to Remember, I wondered how one weekend could change marriages that were so close to ending. I no longer have to wonder. Mark and I just have to look in the mirror and remember what God did in our lives and legacy.”
Praise God for nearly 3,000 couples this year who have bowed their hearts to the lordship of Jesus Christ at our outreach events. What an exciting time to be building into marriages and families across the nation!
We have never been so excited about the vision that God has placed on our hearts… “Every Home a Godly Home!” A year of strategic planning and assessment is now beginning to bear fruit. We have always been about directly helping people experience God’s plan in their marriage and family. We’ve shared many testimonies of the impact God is having across our nation. However, we have brought into laser focus the truth that a radical movement of God for reformation in the family will only happen through YOU and the body of Christ… the LOCAL CHURCH .
FamilyLife is now clearly focused on the objective of “Helping You Help Others” and “Helping the Church Help Others.” This means producing a whole new range of resources to enable you to effectively minister to the many hurting families all around you. We have also redirected significant resources to develop an entire series of tools for the church called LIFE READY!
Most churches today lack an intentional, coordinated, proactive strategy for building healthy, Christ-centered marriages and families. LIFE READY will be an easily adaptable, proactive strategy to equip pastors and lay leaders to get in front of the problem. Our goal is to begin rolling out strategy seminars and the first LIFE READY modules this coming spring. We can hardly wait!
God is moving powerfully in marriages and families across our nation, bringing healing and hope to many, many families who are “separated from Christ… without hope and without God in the world.” (Eph 2:12). Please pray that God will continue to provide wisdom and direct our efforts to lead couples to the foot of the cross… where families are truly transformed!
Thanks, Calvary , for being a part of every family that is impacted for Christ and every legacy that is changed for eternity! What an honor and privilege to be an extension of your hands and hearts to others!
With love and grateful hearts!
Gene, Rene’, Ashley, Allison, and Alesha Haub