YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A CHILD’S LIFE!
Join others who have become mentors for children and enriched their lives. They are greatly appreciated by the students and staff.
Hairgrove Elementary is looking for mentors for the 2017-2018 school year. You may play games, puzzles, read a book, or simply visit with a child and be a positive influence in that child’s life.
A mentor is a suitable role model committed to serve as a guide and a friend while helping a student with his/her educational and personal development. We ask for a commitment of approximately one hour a week for a school year. You’ll meet only on campus and during school hours. (Appointment times may be flexible).
Please, visit the Mentor page on the CFISD website for complete details.
You could also support many children by volunteering in a different capacity for 30 minutes or more:
- Help teachers with Pre-K, Kindergarten & First Grade classes on the first day of school
- Backpack Meal Program: Wednesdays & Fridays
- Help with after-school clubs
- Workroom volunteer – cutting, copying, laminating
- Shelve books in the library
- Sell Spirit Cart items once a month during lunches
- Cook meals for after-school academic camps
If you are interested in more information contact Patti Ressler.